Ribbon hides when in full screen

Simi B. shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

When I choose to see the map in full screen the ribbon hides and appears only if I slide the cursor to the top of the screen. Is there a way that I can keep the ribbon open and visible all the time? In the PC version the ribbons stays visible all the time.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Simi,

That's a valid question. When I started using MindManager Mac after a lifetime of MindManager Windows usage this was one of my first questions. This is my work around: As Mac always hides the MindManager menu when maximizing the screen, drag the corners of your MindManager window to maximize it. You only need to do it once - the next time you click the yellow "minimize" minus, MindManager will open "full screen" with menus open.

Would be nice as standard, but it's better than nothing ;)

f68e4d95f81d079d5cbcb0dc79fa627d
It also makes sense to use the Merge all Windows function under Menu > Window, as that gives you tabs of all your open maps in your main window.
5c93df99ba86163d228ef1cfe1bc5d14

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Simi,

that's standard in Windows. Double-click a ribbon, doesn't matter wich.

photo

Hello Andreas, thank you for answering but I am not sure I understand your post. What I mean is that when I am in full screen in Windows the ribbon is always visible, but when I am in full screen in Mac the ribbon is hidden and it is displayed only when I slide the cursor to the top of the screen. I would like the ribbon to be always visible, even when I am in full screen using Mind Manager in my Mac. Thanks again!

photo

ok, Simi.

Mac and Windows screens are different. My suggestion will only work with MM Windows.

Tech-Support can help you for sure.

I need technical product support Get in touch with our technical support team (mindmanager.com)

photo

Hi Simi,

That's a valid question. When I started using MindManager Mac after a lifetime of MindManager Windows usage this was one of my first questions. This is my work around: As Mac always hides the MindManager menu when maximizing the screen, drag the corners of your MindManager window to maximize it. You only need to do it once - the next time you click the yellow "minimize" minus, MindManager will open "full screen" with menus open.

Would be nice as standard, but it's better than nothing ;)

f68e4d95f81d079d5cbcb0dc79fa627d
It also makes sense to use the Merge all Windows function under Menu > Window, as that gives you tabs of all your open maps in your main window.
5c93df99ba86163d228ef1cfe1bc5d14

photo

Hi Joel,

Thank you so much for sharing your solution, it works and it is really helpful, I really appreciate that you took the time to help me!

All the best!

---