Smart Rules - Fill Effects in HTML5 Export

Peter B. shared this question 19 months ago
Discussion Open

I have a smart rule that applies a fill-effect to topics when triggered.

This works as expected in MindManager and PNG exports but is NOT displayed in the HTML5 export.

Is there a workaround for this, or should I apply a different

Replies (2)

photo

I think this might apply to all effects controlled by SmartRules, not just topic fill colours. The documentation does not mention SmartRules effects in the list of elements that are not supported by the HTML5 export.

photo

Hello Peter,

SmartRule Effects do carry over to the HTML5 Export. I tested exporting a map with Fill Color applied by SmartRules with both MindManager 21 and 22 and could not reproduce the issue.

Are you seeing this issue with all maps or just a specific file?

Our Tech Support Team can also help troubleshoot., open a case here -

MindManager Support

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Hi Marian

I've created a test file to demonstrate the issue; however, this created a couple of problems-

1. The Smart Rule from my original file did NOT apply in my test file, so I now need to understand what is wrong here

2. When I copied a topic from my original file, the Smart Rule WORKED, so the pasted top has the rule correctly applied

3. When I export my test map (attached) the problem still persists (so the highlighted topic is NOT highlighted in the HTML5 output

Test and export files are attached. I've raised a support request

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the additional information and sample files. I will have our QA Team investigate this further.

Regarding #3, It looks like the Trigger to look for blank text does not carry over to the HTML5 Export, which is a bug. I updated your trigger to look for text 'A' and then updated the topic text. It now exports correctly. I will have our QA Team further investigate and log the issues in our tracking system.

d3983e92cf72c6be65727de4d116314b

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Thanks for the update,

I've been able to update the rule in my original file (looking at a topic resource value) to fix this issue - so thank you for this

I assume this bug accounts for items 1 & 2?

---