How do I keep MindJet from opening when I open MindManager on my Mac? Can I get rid of MindJet?

Stewart shared this question 3 years ago
Discussion Closed
Best Answer
photo

Hi Stewart,

Meanwhile you wait to hear from customer support, can you please follow the steps below to do clean install of MindManager 13.2.204:

1. First uninstall /remove existing MindManager Mac 13 from your Application folder.
  2. Before you reinstall version 13.2, please download and run this application to fully wipe MindManager from your system.
  3. Next, reinstall MindManager (version 13.2) using the download link.
  4. Upon launching the software, you will be prompted to create an account or sign in to an existing one, you can use the same account to sign into version 13.2.

Please let me know if above steps helped resolving your issue.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Replies (11)

photo

Hello Stewart,

Please provide a screenshot and a description of what you are seeing. Are you referring to the now retired Mindjet Files integration?

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Every time I open Mind Manager, I get a screen that asks me to log in to MindJet. I don't know how to get rid of MindJet altogether.

photo

10594cafa49c096ee892ec249aa35b09

photo

Thanks, Stewart.

Mindjet Files integration was officially removed in the MindManager 13.2 update. Please use the Check for Updates functionality under the Help menu to install the latest build, which also contains several bug fixes and improvements.

Alternatively, you can disable Mindjet Files on startup in your current installation by opening the preferences menu under the MindManager menu.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

The update said that there wer no new updates

photo

Can you confirm which build number you have by clicking MindManager>About MindManager in the menu?

photo

photo

I tried restarting the computer but that did not change anything, the Mindjet login screen still comes up. I don't need anything from MindJet and want it to be turned off entirely and not have a login screen at all.

photo

Thank you for the try. Is there any way to get the tech people involved? I have tried the customer service email submission but it has been terrible. They get back to me a week after the question and with an answer that is not relevant to the problem. They think that I am trying to retrieve MindJet files which is not the case at all. I am trying to disengage from MindJet entirely and not have the MindJet login screen take over.

photo

I also tried leaving a voice mail to the US customer service line. I did that several times and never got a call back.

photo

Hi Stewart,

Thank you for the feedback on your experience with our Support Team. Sorry for this.

Please try the steps my colleague, Shilpa K, posted and let us know if the issue is resolved - https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/137-how-do-i-keep-mindjet-from-opening-when-i-open-mindmanager-on-my-mac-can-i-get-rid-of-mindjet#comment-330

photo

I set the startup to Do Nothing and the Minjet login still comes up so neither option has solved this problem

photo

This was not answered. Neither suggestion solved the problem

photo

Hi Stewart,

Meanwhile you wait to hear from customer support, can you please follow the steps below to do clean install of MindManager 13.2.204:

1. First uninstall /remove existing MindManager Mac 13 from your Application folder.
  2. Before you reinstall version 13.2, please download and run this application to fully wipe MindManager from your system.
  3. Next, reinstall MindManager (version 13.2) using the download link.
  4. Upon launching the software, you will be prompted to create an account or sign in to an existing one, you can use the same account to sign into version 13.2.

Please let me know if above steps helped resolving your issue.

Thanks,

Shilpa

photo

Finally the last post with the Zap application worked. Thanks you

photo

Thanks Stewart for updating us.

---