Does anyone leverage MindManager maps on SharePoint?

Michael G. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi All-

I'm trying to see if I can embed a MindMap in a modern sharepoint page and it seems like there's no way to do it. Is this functionality just not there or am I missing something? I know it should be possible in Classic view but even that's difficult and clunky.

My use case is I'd love to make a map my users can interact with where each node in the map is a link to a page on the site. SharePoint itself doesn't really have the concept of parent/child pages so a map would be a perfect way to organize pages for users into relevant topics.

Any advice is appreciated!

Best Answer
photo

Hi Michael,

it is possible to embed a MindManager Map in a modern SharePoint page. Please see detailed description with this link:

Embed web part -- How To.mmap (mindmanager.com)

or as attached map.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Jan

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Michael,

there is a special SP-App for Enterprise customers. If you install this in the SP-Shop you can open and embed MindMaanager maps.

Are you a Enterprise customer?

Best Andreas

photo

Yup! I'm an Enterprise customer and I have both the app and the additional extension installed. It seems impossible to embed a map on a modern SharePoint page though. Can you confirm if this is functionality that exists or not? I want the map to sit at the top of the page with other content below it. The map will serve as a navigation tool to get around my SharePoint.

photo

Which version do you have installed? There was an update some weeks ago. I'm using 1.0.0.42 and this works.

Please write to the technical support team.

MindManager Support

photo

Hi Andreas, can you please share the full name of app from SP-shop?

Thank you in advance

photo

You finde the Download-Link on the MindManager Enterprise Download webpage.

You've to create an Shop on your SharePoint

Release Notes fpr the SP-APP

Kind regards, Andreas

photo

Hi Michael,

it is possible to embed a MindManager Map in a modern SharePoint page. Please see detailed description with this link:

Embed web part -- How To.mmap (mindmanager.com)

or as attached map.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Jan

photo

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your explanation, but it doens't work for me.

I have an individual Licence not un Entreprise.

My HTML map is located as a page in "Pages Site". No problem with embed the code, but when I try to access the Sharepoint page, only a blank page with no error ... :-(

Thanks for your help

Fabrice

photo

IT WORKED! Thank you. One quick note. I was getting an error "embedding content from this site isn't allowed". Follow the instructions to allow the domain and you're golden.

Thank you so much!

---