Gantt Chart - Critical Path & Task scheduling attributes

Richard S. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Greetings all,

Below is a snapshot of a Gantt Chart I'm working on at the moment. I'm interested in reviewing the Critical Path functionality.

Is it possible to set tasks with one of the following attributes:

• Start as soon as possible,
  • Start No Later than,
  • Finish as late as possible,
  • Finish no later than.

Cheers,

Richard :-)

dc4787af24de995fce6e6017c4540167

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Richard

No, these attributes are not part of the task scheduling in MindManager unfortunately. The only constraints supported are dependencies.

Although it looks like there is slack in the path from "SOPs identified" to "Operators trained on SOPs", it looks like the latter is also dependant on "Multipacker installed".

Keeping track of constraints like "Start no later than" or "finish no later than" requires manual checking at present. It can help to add milestones to the project because milestones can be used in the Power Filter, so you can filter a map to review critical dates.

photo

Thanks for the update Nick,

Do you know if there are any plans to add these features to the Gantt Chart functionality? If so, this would make the Gantt Chart a very powerful tool with its connectivity to the mind Map functionality.

Kind regards,

Richard :-)

photo

Hello Richard

I don't have any info on planned improvements to Gantt, but it would be worth adding them to this forum as a suggestion.

Nick

---