Display tags without the X

Randall G. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Tags are shown with the X (for removing the tag). When I export an image, the image shows the X. I don't suppose there is a way to get an image without the X? (For my purpose, the tag in the image is just extra information about the topic, and the X is extraneous.)

Replies (2)

photo

Unfortunately I don't think there is. If you revert to Legacy mode for the Topic Display info style the X gets swapped for a little "luggage tag" on the left of the tag - I don't know if that's better or worse for your purposes.

photo

Thanks for confirming. And yes, "luggage tag" on the left just as unfortunate as X on the right, for my purposes.

photo

Hi Randall,

This looks like a defect.

To work around this for now you can export your file as HTML5 which will remove the X's, then if you need a non-interactive version you can either screenshot, or print to PDF from the HTML5 export.

01d0d680a8dd9bcf11721bda0ae38385

Map without X's in HTML5 shown below

f5ba8d138dfa30c1c8782a99dc88855e

photo

Thanks, Siri! With your answer, I regard the question as answered/closed. But to make sure I understand, are you saying that if I export my map as an image file on a Mac, I won't see the X (and hence a bug in the Windows version)?

photo

Hi Randall,

I assumed you were using the Windows version because the Mac version does not yet have modern topic info styling. As I said in my previous post, to work around this defect you will need to export your map to HTML5.

---