Mindjet capable for multi-project controlling

Thomas W. shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Open

Hi,

I would like to set up one MindJet file as a 'meta' project and several sub-projects in order to roll up tasks of the sub-projects and to use the ressource diagramm of the meta project to visualize bottle necks.

I can't roll up the tasks to the meta project level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Thomas

Replies (6)

photo

Could you explain a little more what you're trying to do and what exactly isn't working.

I was able to set up two project maps and roll up the tasks in each of them. I then created a dashboard map and rolled up the project maps within it. I then rolled up the tasks within the dashboard map which worked successfully. The dashboard map was able to combine the duration, effort and due dates from both maps.

photo

I guess that Thomas' request is to combine multiple projects into a single Gantt chart so that resource loading can be seen across multiple projects. One solution would be to temporarily merge project maps together, balance the projects then send the separate project trees back to separate maps. This is not very easy or quick, though.

photo

Hello,

Nick D. is correct with his assumption. The goal is e.g.: several detailed projects and one 'supervising' project. This way we could create a nice overview of all ressource demands.

Best regards,

Thomas

photo

Hello,

no idea how to resolve it? Please check. If I am correct it can be done with MS Project server. It would be soo powerful to have a Multi Project controlling and ressource planning.

Best regards,

Thomas

photo

You can do Multiprojects easy with the use of Dashboard maps. As Alex states.

You create a dashboard map with links to the other projectmaps and you can see the overall status in the dashboard.

Until now the only thing you can't do is see the resources used across multiple projects.

I am sure MM developers will tackle that soon.

photo

Hallo,

thank you for your feedback. I am keen to have a proper solution for the resource overview incl. a bottleneck analysis.

So a dashboard map is going into this direction, but does not fulfill the requirement.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Thomas

---