Short cut to insert time?

Ray shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Short cut to insert time?

Replies (2)

photo

If you mean insert the current time in the topic text you first need to set up the default settings for Insert Current date and Time.

Select a topic, click on Date & Time then select Insert Date and Time (or use Ctrl+Alt+D). When the dialogue box appears tick or untick the relevant boxes to select whether you want the just date or just the time, or both, to appear, and the format you want, then click OK.

If you selected the time only, this will appear in the topic you selected. More importantly however, this default will be adopted whenever you select a topic and click on Insert Current Date & Time or use the Ctrl+Shift+D shortcut.

photo

I click Insert - Date & Time. See attached for what I get.

I don't get the options you refer to - no dialogue box appears.

How can I get this dialogue box of which you speak?

photo

To be precise, I should have said click on the Date & Time arrow to get this menu, but having got to this point you click on the Insert Date and Time option as shown in your image. You should then the following menu where you make the adjustments I described:

d3d8965249b5ed4dee503a27b63c4e07

photo

I got it - I clicked on the lower half of the two lines that appear on clicking on Date & Time and got the options above.

And I now also see that Ctrl Alt D gets the above options.

Thanks for help me understand.

---