Macro or script to hide/unhide certain properties

fnorrmann shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have a map with several property fields in each topic. I would like to be able to have a macro that can automatically hide / unhide certain properties on demand. This is to have an "internal" version of the map with all properties shown, and a "public" or "for presentation" version of the map where I would like to always hide certain field names such as "Cost", "Margin", etc.

W/o the macro today I need to go through every topic and do this manually which is very time consuming.

Best Answer
photo

I can't resist macro questions :-)

The View > Show/Hide function will show or hide all topic properties together. If I have understood, the requirement is to show or hide "internal" properties only, so that the map can sometimes be viewed by others.

Assuming you are working on MindManager for Windows, this can be done with a simple macro but it relies on prior configuration of the map. All properties that are internal (not for public viewing) should be configured as "Hidden" in the property definition. The macro then turns on or off the display of hidden properties on all topics.

To prepare the map for internal use, run the macro and choose "Yes" when asked if you want to display hidden properties. This will show all properties, including those configured as Hidden. To switch the map to public mode, run the macro and choose "No" instead. This will hide all the properties configured as Hidden.

Replies (2)

photo

I assume you have found the SHOW/HIDE function in the VIEW tab?

There you can do just what you want with the elements that are part of MindManager.

Ofcourse you maybe like to include your own defined property fields in there.

I don't know how to do that. I fact I have never used a Macro.

But If you find a way, please share it in here, so we can all benefit

photo

I can't resist macro questions :-)

The View > Show/Hide function will show or hide all topic properties together. If I have understood, the requirement is to show or hide "internal" properties only, so that the map can sometimes be viewed by others.

Assuming you are working on MindManager for Windows, this can be done with a simple macro but it relies on prior configuration of the map. All properties that are internal (not for public viewing) should be configured as "Hidden" in the property definition. The macro then turns on or off the display of hidden properties on all topics.

To prepare the map for internal use, run the macro and choose "Yes" when asked if you want to display hidden properties. This will show all properties, including those configured as Hidden. To switch the map to public mode, run the macro and choose "No" instead. This will hide all the properties configured as Hidden.

photo

Thank you Nick, the macro works like a charm and was exactly what I needed!

:)

---