How do I copy an already published map and get a different publishing link to the copy?

Thomas shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I do a lot of similar trainings with the same subject. After a training, I usually send the link to the published map to the participants.

F.e. one week later, I'll do another training for a different group. So I copy the file of my first MindMap and adapt the copy for the second group. But there is still the same published link in the copied file, so I'm confronted with the following issues:

1) If I revoke the publishing in the copied file and start a new publishing, the link for the first group is also gone. Ooups!

2) If I update the publishing in the second MindMap, then the link that I gave to the first group is also updated and leads to the (updated) second MindMap. Wrong!

3) If I create a new map from scratch and copy all content from the first MindMap, I loose all formatting, map slides and other functions. Annoying (lot of additional work for me)

So: How can I solve this? Copying a MindMap and get different publishing links?

Thanx in advance for any helpful hints

Replies (2)

photo

Instead of making a copy of your (already published) map, save it as a template and add it to the templates gallery. Then start a new map from this template, which will give you all the contents but is not published. The template does not carry over the information about publishing. Or at least it didn't when I tried it!

photo

Thank you Nick, that worked very well, but I was not able to create any map slides in the template.

photo

Hi Thomas,

You should also be able to use Save As to create a new map and it will remove the connection to the previously published file.

photo

Thanks a lot, Sia: Some easy solutions are right at your feet, but you don't stumble upon them :-)

---