Changing the default currency

Patrick S. shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Closed

How can I change default currency for tasks from Dollar to Euro?

Replies (5)

photo

This can be done via the TaskPane.

See the images

ef9df7d95e8a411dedb764f8a51a7e2b

photo

Thanks. Is there a way to make this a default for all newly created maps?

photo

If you are located in Europe, it is default to have € .

Maybe check your settings via File> Options??

photo

I have a German Windows, MindManager is set to "German", menus are in German. However, if I create a new, say, radial map, go to the root node, open Task Info, open Task Options, then the currency symbol is still "$" by default. Is there an option that I am missing?

photo

Hi, the currency is picked up from the OS regional settings as default. You have the option to change the default in the task pane for each map as well.

cfd43b3f4ca8135d8283e62d6bffc008

photo

According to my own tests, the default does not come from the OS but from the template that is used. And even in the German version, the default currency is set to "$" within all templates. One can modify the templates, but then, these changes have to be redone for every new major version or the modified templates have to be copied over.

photo

We will check on our side to see if there's a bug with this specific template, thank you very much for the feedback.

photo

Hello Patrick,

Our Quality Assurance Team confirmed the German Templates have the $ currency set as the default, which is a bug. This issue will be addressed in the next update. For now, you will need to change the symbol manually.

Thank you for reporting the issue and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

-Marian

---