Unable to change "Start of Working" day

Christian H. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

im planing an Disaster Recovery Plan (Projectplan) with mindmanger 21. In the Options i have all days marked as working day and 24 hours a day.

But i'm unable to change "start of Working Day" in Gantt Pro under Options.

Can anyone help ?

Replies (3)

photo

Yes - this behaviour and the "Some options are locked while charts are displayed" message you get with the second screen are hard to figure out, especially as you only get this dialogue box when you click on Options on the Gantt chart ribbon...

However, the main problem is that you are attempting to change the "Work hours per day" setting under File Options. This is a global setting, and will set the number of work hours for any new maps you create after you make the change. However, it won't change the working hours for any existing maps. To change the work hours in an existing map you will have to go to the Task Info tab in the map view for that specific map, click on Calendar & task options then change the "Work hours per day" setting there to 24.

If you now go to the Gantt chart, click on Options and untick "Use the default options for this map" the Start of working day should now be 12:00 AM. If you tick "Use the default options" for this map the Start of working day will revert to a time that is consistent with the global setting for the length of the working day when the map was created. Ticking and unticking this box should switch between these two alternate starting times in the Gantt chart Options dialogue box.

photo

Thats the Trick --> Thanks a lot !

photo

Many thanks. This article helps me a lot.

But there is one more question:

Now I've the starting time an 00:00. But nevertheless the "Work hours per day" should be 8 hours a day. Is there also a way how to configure this?

photo

Hi,

you should be able to edit the working hours under --> File --> Options --> Task Info

e09a9e9b1df4ad498e3879fd09db72e0

Does this help ?

photo

Actually, you can't adjust the start time from this dialogue box. The only place you can do this is from the Gantt Pro options - but you can't access the Start of Working Day field if you go to the Map Options while the Gantt chart is open as it is greyed out.

Instead, you have to go to the Task tab on the main map view, and there click on the somewhat confusingly named "Show Gantt Pro" icon. There you have a choice between Default Options and Map Options - in both of these the Start of Working Day field should be available. To change just the map you are working on, choose Map Options.

The scope of times available will depend on the Work Hours per Day you set in Calendar and Task options in Task Info for the specific map. So, for example, if you set a work day of only four hours you can set a start time from 12:00 AM (midnight) to 8:00 PM, but if you set an 18-hour day your start time range will be limited to 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM.

Personally I think this is a fragmented and clumsy approach to this task. The work day duration and the start time should be able to be set together, either for the default under Task Info in Options and for the current map in Calendar and Task Options in the Task Info pane. Ideally, all these options for both default and current maps would be available under a single Work Day tab under Advanced Scheduling on the ribbon.

---