Confused about recent MM email and annual upgrade

Pieter v. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Dear MindManager friends,

I have been using Mindmanager for over 20 years. I started out with the purchase of version 3.5 and have since purchased an upgrade to the next version almost every year via the website. The latter usually happened around September. I have therefore been looking forward to the arrival of MM22 for some time now.

Today I received an email mentioning a new version (MM22 was not explicitly mentioned anywhere) and urging me to sign up for an annual subscription to the professional edition. This raises a few questions for me:

1. When will version MM22 be available and can I purchase my annual upgrade again (as usual)?
  2. Suppose I switch to the annual subscription today, which desktop version will I get?
  3. Suppose I switch to the annual subscription, what happens if I stop? Will my desktop version continue to work? Do my HTML5 files stay with you in the cloud?

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards from Amsterdam,

Pieter van der Hijden

Best Answer
photo

Ad 1) MM vs 22 is downloadable now.

Ad 2) you will always have the latest version

Ad 3) Read the license agreement to be sure, but I would expect that your current desktop version that you purchased as perpetual license will still work.

Replies (5)

photo

Ad 1) MM vs 22 is downloadable now.

Ad 2) you will always have the latest version

Ad 3) Read the license agreement to be sure, but I would expect that your current desktop version that you purchased as perpetual license will still work.

photo

Ary is correct - that is what will happen.

Cheers... Blair

photo

Pieter,

I am an user since the very beginning of the Mind Manager, which lasts now almost 30 years. I would like to encourage you to sign the subscríption. It simplifies your life! My latest experience: Yesterday I received a mail, announcing th new version, which I installed the very next moment. Round about an hour later, I received the license key. As I was not in active waiting mode, only less than 30 minutes consumed my audience to update to V. 22.

Yearly, I'm wondering, whether to keep the legacy versions. Mostly I'm coming to the conclusion to tidy up and deinstall the respective previous version. Over the long period, there were only very few moments, when I was considering to compare with a legacy version - which I would have been able, as parallel installations are possible. I'm refraining from that, because of being confusing basically. :-)

Regards,

Detlef

photo

Pieter

Was your yearly upgrade provided through the MindManager Upgrade Protection Plan?

Regards

James.

photo

Sorry for the delay, thank you all for your responses.

In the meantime, I have decided to switch to the annual plan. Benefits for me:

• annual price was barely higher than previous annual upgrade cost while you get a lot of extras
  • old desktop versions remain available even if I cancel the annual subscription

Why are these older desktop versions important for me:

• a new version sometimes has teething problems; if they don't suit me, I can temporarily switch back to the old version
  • in newer versions some functions may have been discontinued; if I (occasionally) need them again, I can always switch to the older version
  • older versions sometimes have icons I'd like to reuse

Cordial greetings,

Pieter van der Hijden

---