How to merge TAGS?

Timo B. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I have a problem with Mindmap which is stopping me to use this tool as planned. maybe there is a solution available...

I have created a map with 5 paths (? sorry I'm using a german GUI) At every path I have added a link to external maps. This is reducing the complete tree and also brings up the opportunity to work on these maps in parallel by different teams. Every map (main map and 5 sub-maps) have the same TAG-groups and TAG's inside the groups defined. These TAG's are used to define different solutions for different customers. So far so good.

My idea was, after a defined time peroid, to merge these maps to one complete map. This can be done by hand or with the menue "linked maps"/"Combine all". During this activity TAG-Groups and single TAG's are crashing...

Tag's from main map are working (can be used for the power filter) but Tag's from sub-maps are located at Common Tags-Group and they are turning to grey color. Power Filter can't be used any more for these Tag's.

Is it possible to merge Tag's somehow?

Replies (5)

photo

I've been able to reproduce this and I think it may be a bug. Furthermore, when I did this linking just two maps and combining them the imported tags are added without colour to the General Tags group, which then counts the tags from both maps.

Meanwhile the original tags in the parent map still appear in group originally assigned to them; in other words, the tags in the parent map are being counted twice in two separate groups. However, this does not apply to the imported tags, which are counted only under the General Tags group.

The effect can be seen in this screenshot:

15c45bfdb5ffc075f5bd1410df3bdb64

photo

Thanks for your analysis. So it's not linked to my installation or whatever...good to know.

Perfekt solution would be to have a kind of "Merge Dialogue" were I can manage the resulting Tag's after copying the maps togehter.

In this case typo within Tag names or usage of wrong Tag's in terms of "not agreed" can be corrected.

photo

this is a bug 🐞

Which version are you using Timo?

@Alex you're on MM21 already? Thought this was fixed πŸ˜₯

photo

583ea9b6f1d9a2db36f6f075c19ef20e

@Andreas: So this is a known bug?

photo

yep πŸ‘ I'll write to the developers, but first I#ve to rebuilt the connected maps. Maybe you can support me with your example

photo

Andreas I’m happy to send you my example maps if that would help but it is very straightforward. Just create two maps with the same tag group and tags, and a couple of topics in each map to which these tags are applied. Link the two maps and then combine them and you will get result shown in my previous post.

photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the feedback here. I have sent this post to Quality Assurance Team to review. I'll provide an update after their investigation.

Best,

-Marian

photo

Thank you Marian πŸ‘‹πŸ‘πŸ˜

photo

Hello Everyone,

I tested the behaviour with MM2021 (Trial version) on my private PC...in MM2021 (21.0.261 64-bit) the bug seems to be solved.

photo

Thank you Timo,

I'll check with th upcoming service pack for MM21 next week

photo

Hello Andreas,

I guess a typo...a SP for MM21 won't fix my problem with MM20 ;-)

photo

No, I'm sorry πŸ˜₯

---