Provide a facility to attach files and open them in topic notes, especially on published maps

Alex G. shared this idea 2 years ago
Voting Open

Currently it is easy to create and access links both on topics and in topic notes, but as far as I can tell you can only attach files in a map to topics and not to notes.

This would be very useful feature, especially in published maps. For example, it would allow users to attach documentation of a map and refer and link to this material in the notes. Ideally, files could be attached directly to topic notes, but another option would be to attach files to a topic then have the ability to set up links in topic notes that go directly to the files via this topic.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Alex,

But you can add links in notes. Don’t understand your idea. Please describe it. Thank you.

Regards, Andreas

photo

Hi Andreas,

I haven’t explained it very well, but what I want to do is attach (rather than link) files to notes in the same way you can attach them to topics.

Attaching a file to a topic means the file becomes part of the map file when it is saved. I would like to be able to attach a file to a topic note and save it as part of the map file in the same way.

photo

Thank you Alex. Got it 👍

---