Resource pool

Alexander B. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi

I often reuse resources from my organization in many mind maps. Is there a chance to easily import resources into existing maps or store it in a way like tags groups are stored in the library folder?

Thx, best

Alex

Best Answer
photo

There are a couple of workarounds for this. The following is for MindManager 21 for Windows.

The Resources are part of the Marker Lists for a map. If you save the set of markers in a map to a new Marker List (in Design > Theme Organizer > Marker Lists), you can apply this list to other maps later. Note though that it will overwrite the existing marker list and resources, so is only appropriate if you always use the same set of markers.

The Resources group can also be copied between maps, which is a bit more flexible. You can right-click on the Resources group and copy it, then paste into another map. This process is additive, so extends the existing resources rather than overwriting them.

Replies (3)

photo

There are a couple of workarounds for this. The following is for MindManager 21 for Windows.

The Resources are part of the Marker Lists for a map. If you save the set of markers in a map to a new Marker List (in Design > Theme Organizer > Marker Lists), you can apply this list to other maps later. Note though that it will overwrite the existing marker list and resources, so is only appropriate if you always use the same set of markers.

The Resources group can also be copied between maps, which is a bit more flexible. You can right-click on the Resources group and copy it, then paste into another map. This process is additive, so extends the existing resources rather than overwriting them.

photo

Thank you Nick. I couldn't make you first solution work using a marker list in the Theme Organizer. Resources don't show up when I create a new list from the existing map.

However, the second solution with copy&paste works pretty well. As you mentioned, this behaviour was introduced with v21.

photo

Hi Alexander,

Ressources are stored in the Map-Index in the specific Map.

If you define your ressources in the map and save it as a template, then insert the template in the Backstage menu "New", you'll start new maps with your ressource list.

825a7dbcb79142f5beb83fdb9f661eb5

Best, Andreas

photo

Hi Andreas,

thanks, another solution. Works!

Best

Alex

photo

There used to be a way to import resources easily via Word, but the changes to the Word import and export facility in MindManager 21 mean that this approach no longer works.

photo

you can import a .csv list too 😁

dc790e528b97d3287d2722b8510f26d6

regards, Andreas

photo

Thanks Andreas - I remember we had a very similar discussion about importing resources on the old community forum.

In fact the list doesn't even have to be a .csv file. You can simply create a row of resources in Word or any other app delimited in the way described above and copy and paste it into the Resources field.

As far as I can tell you can't import tags in the same way but something similar is possible if you have the MAP add-in. To do this, set up the tags as a paragraph-delimited list in Word (or similar) and simply copy this list and paste onto a dummy topic in the map renamed with the title you want to use for the tag group; the list should appear as sub-topics. Then use the MAP Sub-Topics to Markers feature to turn these subtopics into tags in a Marker group with the same name as the topic.

photo

If you're working with MS TEAMS or MS SharePoint you can easily import user to your ressource-pool

3d8ab2c0206a3a7ddc5acd93c5f118af

Kind regards, Andreas

---