Add vertically timeline groups to symbol views

Alexander W. shared this idea 2 years ago
Voting Open

While viewing different views - like symbol or tags - it is possible to sort by time (start or due).

For this case it would be fantastic, if there was the possiblity available on the vertical axis to have configurable time groups in the same way as horizontally for the timeplan view.

would increase the insights into content a lot!!!

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Alexander,

If I understand you correctly you want to be able to show icon, tag and schedule views with rows rather than columns. If so, I think this is a great idea.

Alex

photo

No that is not the idea.

The idea is the combination of two views:

- horizontally as usual the icon view - with all the config options for this view - horizontally

- verticall the schedule view- with all the config options for this view - vertically

at the same time, which is possible as you have two dimensions for the two views.

This would add the time aspect to an icon- or tag-view, which would double the information on the same space.

As the code is there it should not be such a big effort to implement this approach.

Obviously it should be possible to switch the content of the horizontal / vertical deliberately.

-alex

photo

I see, so in effect you want to be able to have a matrix view involving the schedule view in one dimension (vertical or horizontal) and either icon or tag view in the other, and be able to switch between the two.

I think this is a great idea, though I'd like to add the following:

• The addition of an option to show resources as a view similar to the current icon, tag and scheduling views.
  • The ability to show any two views available in this way, and not just icon/tag and scheduling, eg, icon view and tag view, or resource and icon, etc.
  • The option to show only one view in rows as an alternative to columns (which is what I thought you were proposing).

---