Exported HTML5 maps don't match the original files.

Juma O. shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Open

I use the MindManager 18 and having issues in exporting the HTML5 files using the "SHARE" Icon. The exported files are messed up and don't match the original files. Items are shifted and overlap as shown in the attachment.

Attachment 1 shows the Original File in MindManager while Attachment 2 shows a messed up HTML5 file.

Can somebody help me fixing this?

Thanks

Best Answer
photo

Hi Juma and Keith,

I understand it can be frustrating when the output of the HTML5 export or publish doesn't match the original. I too have spent time adjusting the location of topics, shapes, relationship lines, etc to try and get the exported output to look how I want. In many cases maps don't depend on the exact location of objects to convey their meaning, but when they do it can be a problem.

Please be aware that we are constantly fixing discrepancies and working towards more accurate rendering for our HTML5 based apps with every release.

That said, another way to tackle this if you are looking for more accurate output is to use our HTML5 editor when creating the map. Since it's the same engine used by the HTML5 export.

I reworked Juma's map using MindManager for Microsoft Teams (available since September last year) and exported the new version to HTML5 (see attached), and now all of the topics and titles are in their correct columns.

Hope that helps =)

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Juma,

There have been improvements to the HTML5 Export in later versions. I suggest you try MindManager 21 and consider upgrading if you see improvements.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Thanks Marian,

I talk to out IT here and suggested that you take the original MM 18 file and export it to HTML5 file and see if it works before they go ahead and upgrade to MM 21. One of our contractor has MM 20, we tried it but the exported files are still crooked. Will you be able to help? Again, thanks.

photo

I'm using MM21 and am having the same issue. Attached files show the difference between the mind map and the HTML5 export.

photo

Hi Keith,

using fixed topic width and to short distances between topics and floating topics causes your mismatch.

Use text fields for your comments or properties for you numbers.

If connectors between topics doing strange things, delete them and create them new.

photo

Hi Juma and Keith,

I understand it can be frustrating when the output of the HTML5 export or publish doesn't match the original. I too have spent time adjusting the location of topics, shapes, relationship lines, etc to try and get the exported output to look how I want. In many cases maps don't depend on the exact location of objects to convey their meaning, but when they do it can be a problem.

Please be aware that we are constantly fixing discrepancies and working towards more accurate rendering for our HTML5 based apps with every release.

That said, another way to tackle this if you are looking for more accurate output is to use our HTML5 editor when creating the map. Since it's the same engine used by the HTML5 export.

I reworked Juma's map using MindManager for Microsoft Teams (available since September last year) and exported the new version to HTML5 (see attached), and now all of the topics and titles are in their correct columns.

Hope that helps =)

photo

Thanks Sia,

How can I install and use the MM created with MS Teams app. It seems like this is what I need. Currently all my processes are in Teams but cant open them in MM without downloading the files elsewhere in the Computer. Is the Team app available in MM18? I wonder...!?

photo

Hi Juma,

You can find MindManager for Microsoft Teams by clicking the "Apps" button within Teams. If you can't find the MindManager app there, your organization probably needs to approve it first (talk to your IT or helpdesk to do this). If you do see it, you can install it and if you haven't recently done so you can create an account and start a free trial within the App.

9e7e4753bd9fccebdcaf2067c59f69b6

---