Export live data to excel

Luuk P. shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Open

I want to publish live data from MM21 to a Pivotchart in Excel. This Pivot model I want to publish live to PowerBI. How can I do this?

Replies (1)

photo

Well I assume you know how to export the map content to excel?

And you have seen the formatting options for pivot table?

And you know how to create a Pivotchart in Excel?

And how to publish to PowerBI?

What have you tried to get what you want and where did you get stuck?

photo

Those thing I do know, yet I want to know if it is it possible to do it with live data, so when i change something in MM21 that it will automatically changes is the PowerBI instead.

photo

As far as I know, all export and import functions are activated by a user action.

Maybe it is possible to create a macro that performs the export to Excel every minute or hour so that it seems live?

I never created a macro, so check the help to try that.

And ofcourse you will need something similar for live creation of a pivotchart in Excel.

photo

@Luuk, I think the only way to push "live" updates like this is to, as Ary states, use a macro or add-in. Both involve getting into the details of the programming interface of MM which I can tell you is not very easy (I'm a programmer and I've tried...) There are some available add-ins but I'm not sure any will deal with this use case. But maybe the developers of those add-ins could provide guidance.

photo

Thank you for your quick respond, which add-ins do you advise?

photo

As far as I know, the Excel export function in MindManager does not publish an interface that would allow it to be invoked by third party code. For real-time updates, a delta synchronisation (refresh) between the map and Excel would be desirable rather than re-exporting the whole spreadsheet every time a change is made. Otherwise the MindManager interface would slow to a crawl. I think this is a different use case than an intentional low-duty-cycle export and would need code architected in a different way, which would be a non-trivial project. Synchronisation between maps and Excel could be proposed as a suggestion for MindManager.

photo

Luuk, I don't use an add-ins, so I don't know for sure, but whoever is behind these add-ins (https://www.mindmanager.com/en/product/mindmanager/add-in-shop/) would have a skills to advise (or maybe already have solved your problem)

photo

And I think that's the company Ary linked!

photo

😊 yes, that's the company. My greetings to Nigel 👍

---