back and forward views

Cleo H. shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Open

Hi,

Does anybody know if there’s a way to move to back and forward views?

I’m on a huge map and I’m moving back and forward constantly, and it will help a lot if there was a back view and then return to the original view, is there such a thing like this?

Thanks a lot for your time,

Replies (3)

photo

Please include visuals. Maybe it is just me but.... I do not understand your problem, nor your request.

photo

did you check the windows split feature?

photo

Backspace and Ctrl+Backspace do this in MindManager for Windows, but I have found them to be somewhat unpredictable. Sometimes they work and sometimes the recent history disappears.

photo

Hi Nick, I think it's Backspace and Shift+Backspace, but as you say it's a little unpredictable, especially if leave MindManager, go to another program and then come back.

photo

Thanks Alex for cleaning up after me, as usual :)

photo

Hi, Nick and Alex,

Probably my ignorance, but I would never have thought this could be an answer to Cleo's question.

I am still in the dark about what she needs.

But since she does not respond to add visuals, it maybe she already found a solution??

photo

Ary, my understanding of Cleo's request is the ability to jump to a previous selection and expansion state in a map, or go forwards to a recently accessed location. This is trivial in small maps but gets much harder to do in large maps, where the preview thumbnail is too dense to be of any practical help. It typically arises when you want to move a branch between two widely separated parts of the map without dropping it on the floor in between. I sometimes solve this by putting a temporary marker on the source or destination so that I can reliably return to either.

photo

Hi everyone and sorry for my delay,

Here is an example of what I mean:

I’m working on the Topic 1, then I go all the way down to the topic 100, and then I have to return to Topic 1, if there was a shortcut for the las view or edited topic it will be so much fast to move between topics,

As Nick D. said I use lots of markers to navigate faster, but sometimes I need to move between topics that I will not return frequently and it’s not worth the effort for that ones,

I there a fast way to do that?

Thanks a lot for your time and patience with me, have a nice day!40421a349c410035a54d4a412cfde83b

photo

Backspace and Ctrl+Backspace

This worked!!!!!!! Where did you learn that!!!!!

Do you have more information on how it works?

How many clicks do I have?

It’s a windows feature or a MindManager?

Thanks a lot

---