UML symbology library for Use Case Diagrams

Kroy shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

UML symbology library for Use Case Diagrams

I am curious if there is a plug-in that brings UML (Unified Modeling Language) symbology to the MindManager environment. More specifically, I am trying to leverage the Brainstorming workflow in ‘Use Case’ development utilizing simple UML Use Case Diagram symbology. Ideally, I would like to be able to access a suite of Use Case Diagram ‘templates’, simple ubiquitous to industry/application specific, that already have the basic UML symbology building blocks. I understand that I can build a template library myself but am a novice at UML symbology and could get started quicker with a library developed by an expert.

Replies (2)

photo

Most UML Use Case diagrams can be made with the current topic shapes.

34a0b998a68339cc3ff8c9c04e40f775

However, If you need even more, you can add those to the image library.

Lots of examples of UML Diagrams can be found via google - images

photo

There is a template Use Case Diagram map under File > New > Project Management. In the past I looked at whether MindManager was useful for other UML diagrams and concluded that Use Case Diagrams and Activity diagrams are the only ones that are reasonable to model. Class diagrams and Sequence Flow diagrams were more complicated to construct. The range of arrowheads available in MindManager also means you can't model the full set of UML relationship types. It would be interesting to see any other approaches.

---