Enable app passwords for two-factor authentification

HVKlassen shared this idea 2 years ago
Voting Closed

Adding OneDrive for Business to my list of locations doesn't work because our business requires the use of MS Authenticator. The location appears to be added correctly, but when you try to access files, it generates an error message. I suspect that Authenticator is the problem, but removing authenticator is difficult because it is a company policy. Being able to setup an app password for MindManager would eliminate the problem.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

We use two-factor authentication internally here at Corel and I have not experienced any issues when using the MS Authenticator app to sign in to both OneDrive and SharePoint through MindManager.

Please open a case with Technical Support here to further troubleshoot this issue -

MindManager Support

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

This suggestion came out of my discussion with Technical Support about my problem. Getting out of the two-factor authentication policies of our company to test whether MS Authenticator is the actual issue is hard, so the app password option was a suggestion to provide another option to try to solve the problem I have with OneDrive for Business. I have OneDrive personal, SharePoint and Google Drive all working but OneDrive for business appears to work, but fails with an error as soon as I try to view files.

---