Is it possible to replace the template of a map with a different template?

Richard C. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi, I suspect this is not possible, however does anyone know a way to change the template of a map to a different template, after the map is created? For example, if I were to create a new map using the Kanban template, could I then switch my map to a different template, for example to the Matrix? Or alternatively, apply a different template to a subtopic of the map? I'm not referring to modifying the template itself, rather whether it is possible to change a map's template after the map is created? Thanks. Richard

Best Answer
photo

A template consists of a map theme (style), a marker list (icons and tags) and pre-existing content. While you can't apply a new template wholesale to an existing map, you can retrospectively apply another theme or marker lists. If you look under Design > Template Organizer you can find themes and marker lists, and apply them to the current map. You can also create and save new ones by extracting them from the current map. These functions work at the map level, and not the topic level. "Templates" at the topic level are "Topic Styles" but these only define the theme and not any other content or markers.

Replies (1)

photo

A template consists of a map theme (style), a marker list (icons and tags) and pre-existing content. While you can't apply a new template wholesale to an existing map, you can retrospectively apply another theme or marker lists. If you look under Design > Template Organizer you can find themes and marker lists, and apply them to the current map. You can also create and save new ones by extracting them from the current map. These functions work at the map level, and not the topic level. "Templates" at the topic level are "Topic Styles" but these only define the theme and not any other content or markers.

photo

Thanks that's what I figured, just thought I'd check to make sure. Cheers

---