Flow chart relationship line formating

JamesAK shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Open

Evening all

After creating a flowchart, I often have to spend quite a lot of time tidying up relationship lines to make them presentable for customers (example below). Does anybody have some hints or tricks they could share to minimise the time spent on this? Especially with repositioning labels on the line and not away from it.

Thank you

James.

509dfb96f76144049818a3a64ae4b0b0

Replies (2)

photo

Hi James,

Can you show your chart before and after the tidying you do so that we can see which areas were not presentable?

photo

Morning Sia

I'll come back to this once I've generated a more recent map prior to tidying.

photo

Hi James,

One question: do you want to change all lines to the same style or some lines to a new one?

Changing all lines is easy, so I will explain how to change some lines.

In the ribbon [Advanced] you find the function [Select] with the feature [Select Special]

• Mark all process steps whose connected lines you want to change. Hold CTRL-Key during clicking thu the topics.
  • [Select Special] - activate [Select relationships [connected to topic)] = all lines getting activate at once.
  • Change the new styles you want in the [format] ribbon

Changing all lines

Double or right click any line

Chage the style the way you want

8ae293f24ae5c855b44d6f03eaa8e44f

Regards, Andreas

photo

Morning Andreas

I know how to format relationship lines. The issue I'm having is that with larger maps, I find the relationship lines tend not to align in aesthetically pleasing ways and need to be pulled into shape - I was wondering if there was a prescribed way of doing that.

I shall have a play with grouping topics with relationship lines and see how that works with aligning.

Regards

James.

photo

Morning James,

what template are you using?

and do you have an example?

See one of my examples. There I'm unsing different types of connecting lines.

The flow-chart was published in the German MindManager-Blog

Regards, Andreas

---