different layouts in one Mindmap

Ext., R. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I'm used to work with free XMIND. There I am able to use different layouts in one mindmap. E.g. a gannt, matrix, timeline, process map.

How can I do this in MindManager 12?

best regrads, Matthias

Replies (3)

photo

I'm a bit confused by your question - do you mean MindManager 12, or 21?

In any case you can have different layouts in the one map, though the choices are more limited at the main topic and subtopic levels than they are for the overall map. You have only four options, compared to nine at the central topic for the whole map, and these differ from the layout options available in XMind.

To access the layouts at any level in MindManager, simply go to Layout under the Format tab on the ribbon.

photo

The formating command [Layout] defines the structure of the subtopics.

You can change this for every branch.

Don't no where to find this in the Mac-Version, but it is there.

Regards, Andreas

photo

Hi,

There are couple of ways you can use different layout in one mindmap, inside MindManager for Mac you can access different layout option to change map format from Inspector pane as described in the post below:

https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/452-can-you-change-map-styles-in-mac-version

Another way is to choose template of your choice. You can go navigate to File> New from Template> choose timeline, matrix or process(flowchart) map template and see if this fulfill your need.

8370ec4c933ee2b157c6d92c09678f8d

43259d8079097428f23d8b61e89df479

We also have different views, if you click on Views from ribbon tab you can view same map in Tag view, Document view, Gantt view etc.

c262fba6b3afb0f4811c1ebe4cb9b4ca

Thanks,

Shilpa

photo

Thank you Shilp 😀

Good to see how this works in the Mac-version 👍

---