Editing in MindManager Go - when?

Janndk shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

I can see under other topic that "Editing in MindManager Go is planned but I can't share a release date at this time". I understand that the exact date is not yet available for the public, but would be nice to get at least some kind of indicator on what we are talking about: next month, next year, next decade...?

The old android app - with editing - got abandon about 5 years ago, without any explanation. Why?

Best Answer
photo

Hello Janndk

We are looking at this currently but it has not been slotted into a release candidate. The most challenging aspect of this providing a fulfilling experience on such small screen geography. Since we are a visual tool, the canvas can get very big and we need to ensure the implementation works well from day 1 in this regard.

All I can say is that we are working in this direction. It will not be decades but I cannot give you a timeframe.

The old Android app was retired due to changing technologies. We have had to do this with certain capabilities over the years.

Cheers... Blair

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Janndk

We are looking at this currently but it has not been slotted into a release candidate. The most challenging aspect of this providing a fulfilling experience on such small screen geography. Since we are a visual tool, the canvas can get very big and we need to ensure the implementation works well from day 1 in this regard.

All I can say is that we are working in this direction. It will not be decades but I cannot give you a timeframe.

The old Android app was retired due to changing technologies. We have had to do this with certain capabilities over the years.

Cheers... Blair

photo

Thanks for response.

I agree that full feature editing in mobile would be difficult, and wouldn't probably even make any sense. But what I'm wishing for are just some basic functions, eg editing/creating tasks and simpel topics.

MindManager is a great tool for all kind of advanced projectplanning - but is it also fantastic for to-do lists (...or would be, if you could edit tasks in mobile).

photo

Thanks for your answer.

I agree that it is challenging on small screens but as mobile devices are more and more important this is a very basic feature. And it's possible to have a smooth mindmapping app like e.g. Mindmeister has.

photo

Note from the Forum Moderator:

This reply has been edited. The MindManager forum is provided to discuss items related to MindManager. Any discussions about competitive products will be removed. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

photo

Just trying to find a temporary workaround, while we waiting MindManager finally to take action :-/

photo

I totally understand and I appreciate your comments - we just need to be careful in this regard.

Cheers

photo

I don't agree!!

A small screen is no excuse!

The user, especially my clients, want to add simple notes, some branches and icons. They don't want to create huge project-maps.

So, YES, we need an editable MindManager Go Version very soon. Otherwise MindManager will loose users to other mobile tools for sure!

Regards, Andreas

photo

I have added this to the Ideas section for comments and voting. Please comment there on what you would like to see in a MindManager Go editing capability.

Thanks

photo

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘

---