Outlook Syncing Issues

Douglas O. shared this question 3 years ago
Discussion Closed

I can't get mindmanager (v18) to sync with my Outlook365 (windows10). It seems to want to point to an older non-exchange outlook account that I thought I had removed. I can't figure out how to 're-point' to the appropriate outlook exchange account. I can take an item from Outlook and it'll populate on a Map but it will not be able to sync. See attached message "Mindjet MindManager clould not synchronize one or more outlook items. The items might belong to a different Outlook account, or they might have been deleted or moved."

I have deactivated the add-in in both MM and Outook, restarted, repaired, and removed MM and reinstalled, etc. to no avail.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Douglas,

please repair MindManager in the Windows control panel. Deinstallation is not necessary.

Correct version is MM 18.2.109

Check the deactivated add-ins in Outlook options

121cb0301affb6fe6c3cede1c7c1e1f9

Best, Andreas

photo

I have done this multiple times before I even tried uninstalling to no effect. I still get the error. I believe it is trying to sync with a previous outlook profile that is no longer in place and I believe I've removed but it's still trying to go there....?

photo

Should I delete the dll's in the program files folder and try to 'repair;'?

photo

Okay - I finally got it to work - it was the multiple profile 'thing'. I ended up having in outlook to go to "Account Settings" > "Manage Profiles" > "Show Profiles" > "Remove Profile" for the old profile that I was no longer using. It probably would have worked if I just changed the default profile (which was still the old one before removal). I then disabled the add-ins on both sides. Closed both apps, opened back up, added them back in. It took a few minutes for some reason but now the syncing is working. Phew!! Back in business.

photo

Hi Douglas,

there is a tool to remove all MindManager data in the registry

Best, Andreas

---