View / show / past due / does not show past due topics

BAM shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello, I am using Mind Manager 2021 and if I select view / show / past due - the topics that have due dates before today do not display. I can see these past due topics in the schedule view as due in prior weeks. But when I select "past due" I get the message "no matching topics."

I created a second map to verify - and I see the same behavior. Past due does not show past due topics based on the due date.

The topics I created only have a due date, it is clearly in the past. And these topics do not show up when selecting "Past Due." Perhaps I am misunderstanding the feature. Any help appreciated

Thanks

Replies (2)

photo

Ok, resolved it - a progress value of 0% or more must be entered to have the task be identified as past due. If no % is entered, the topic will not show as past due.

If anyone has any ideas on how to show topics with due dates in the past using the power filter - without entering a 0 or more % progress - that would be appreciated.

Thanks

photo

I think this is because MindManager only regards a topic as a task if there is a progress icon, even if you add all the other elements of a task. This means that criteria such as Due Date won't be recognised in the Power Filter. Conversely if a topic has a progress icon but no other task elements it is automatically regarded as a task, which can cause other problems.

The easiest option is to add a zero progress icon and then hide all icons, but unfortunately you can't just hide progress ones by themselves.

A more complex option is to create a Date Due topic property, then add a SmartRule which will change the fill colour of the topic if the Due Date is in the past. You can then use a filter to hide all topics with this fill colour.

photo

Update: actually you can simplify my second option by leaving out the topic property entirely. It turns out SmartRules are happy to work with topics which just have Due Dates and no Progress icons even if the Power Filter isn't, which is an interesting inconsistency.

Also, I mistakenly thought you wanted to hide past due topics when you wanted to show them. However, the principle is the same either way.

Just Create a SmartRule which changes the topic colour (or changes some other attribute or adds an icon) based on the Task Info Due Date criteria, and then apply a Power Filter to show or hide topics only with this fill colour or whatever attribute/icon you used. The SmartRule would be something like this:

97fe446c3ec4daa97b9e2f6e6cb7c476

photo

Thanks so much, Really great idea! I have implemented your recommendation and it works perfectly. Thanks very much.

bam

---