Pan the map using either [right click and drag] or [CTRL + left click and drag] in Mindmanager macOS

William W. shared this idea 2 years ago
Voting Open

If I'm correct, In Mindmanager 13 for macOS, there's no way to pan the map in all direction using a mouse click.

You either must...

...use a trackpad (on a Macbook Trackpad or with the Apple Magic Trackpad) and scroll with two fingers,

...use an Apple Magic Mouse and swipe with one finger

...or manually move the scrollbars to pan the map in one direction at the time.

All of the following apps have a way to pan and drag the map view with either one mouse click or a combination of a hotkey and a mouse click...

Mindmanager Windows

XMind

Freemind / Freeplane

ConceptDraw Mindmap

MindMeister

Simplemind

Mindmodo

Mindmapper

Mindview

Is there a reason why Mindmanager 13 (and all previous versions) does not have a way to pan the map with the mouse ?

Is it not too late to add this feature in your next release cycle ?

Pan the map using either [right click and drag] or [CTRL + left click and drag] in Mindmanager macOS.

(I won't lie, I quit using Mindmanager because of that. Even if it's clearly the best mind map app out there imo...)

Best!

William

Replies (1)

photo

I agree that the Windows version works better in this regard. I did find out that it works more or less with the zoom function, when using the control key, setting the mouse pointer at the center of where you want to zoom and then using the scroll key on the mouse. However, it still lacks the freedom of moving the screen with only the mouse.

---