Authorize or not the reading of some branches

Eric L. shared this idea 2 years ago
Voting Open

When I share large maps. I would have liked for some branches, that this one must be prohibit reading them to people who don't have the password. Inside a card this function is not possible, too bad. My current solution is to cut the card in half and put a password to open the new one, but that requires a lot of mental gymnastics.

IIt should be possible to set up a function that opens or closes reading some branches with a password (the same for a card and several different branches of course)

Replies (2)

photo

You could create a dashboard map using the roll-up facility to include only the branches you want to share, and then password protect the parent map. You can then give everyone access to the dashboard map which you can refresh to show changes in the parent map. However, if you add branches to the parent map these will need to be added via the roll-up feature to the dashboard map.

photo

This could be implemented by adding a new permission to the Content Control settings that allows the user to un-filter the map.

A map could then be saved in a filtered state, hiding certain information, and only users with the Content Control password could un-filter it again to view the information.

photo

Yes Nick, that would be useful for a number of purposes, for example, publishing a filtered map without the option to remove the filter.

---