SNAP - Objekte werden nicht in MM21 übernommen

Lars T. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Seit Oktober 2020 funktioniert mein SNAP nicht mehr. Ich kann problemlos über MM Go Informationen versenden. Erhalte also keine Nachricht über einen Misserfolg. Wenn ich aber in MM die SNAP Warteschlange öffne, tut sich überhaupt nichts.

Frage an die Gemeinschaft: Gibt es bei Ihnen ähnliche Ereignisse? Hängt das Problem an zu hohen Internet-Sicherheitsbeschränkungen?

Replies (6)

photo

Have you tried to log out of the Windows MindManager Snap queue via Publish. And then signed back in.

It's not a permanent fix but it gets functionality back for awhile. I've taken to copying the contents of Snap before sending.

As you know, I'm waiting on the MindManager team to progress this Snap loss that I encountered in MM20.

photo

What means "Windows Publish?" I´ve never heard of it.

photo

The Publish button on the Home ribbon just under the menus. Alternatively, where-ever you sign into your MM account within the app should also supply you with a sign-out option.

photo

My snaps are coming fine into the queue of MM for windows desktop IF I use the same login for MM Snap as for the MM for windows 21

photo

Afternoon Ary

Did you ever have any problems when you were running MM20 for Windows?

I purposely haven't upgraded yet. Especially whilst the community pages were unavailable.

photo

Hi James,

No had no problem with SNAP connections with MM20 for windows either.

photo

Hi Herr Thomsen,

This is most likely what Ary is saying, you may not be signed into the same account on your phone and in MindManager Version 21. You can check the account you are signed in with by tapping the gear icon in the Snap Queue on MM Go, and in version 21 check if it's the same email address when you click your name at the top right corner of the application window.

photo

Hi Sia,

thank you very much for the comment.

In fact, I use the same email address on both platforms. I just use different passwords. But that can't be the problem. MindJet has been problem solving for some time. Everything that can be done has been done. Now the assumption remains that the problem has to do with the security systems on the Internet. As a hospital we have to protect ourselves massively against attacks and this level then leads to a restriction in clouding. It would be good to know if other users have similar questions. On the subject of clouding, it should be said that the publication works very well. (At least until yesterday :-)) But there is no data coming into the system from outside.

photo

Hello mr Thomson,

Your remark

"I use the same email address on both platforms. I just use different passwords."

Maybe you could try and change one of the passwords so they both have exactly the same email and pwd for login.

photo

Hello Ary,

That's exactly what I checked again. In fact, I'm using identical passwords on both platforms. Sorry, I was wrong a. Ash on my head!

photo

Hi Mr. Thomson,

here you can find the official description for the MindManager cloud data security. Probaply the cloud connection to your Snap account is blocked

PDF - German Version

PDF- English Version

Best, Andreas

photo

Hi Andreas,

many thanks. I already know the PDF. I am actually only a user. Even if it has been since 2002, but the technical background has always been in the hands of our IT.

SNAP worked perfectly for us until October 2020. But then, out of the blue, no more. Our internet service provider can't do it. It's so surprising that we are (potentially) the only users who have this problem.

photo

Hi, are you still using MM2020 or MM21?

I'm on MM2020 and I've the same problem.

If I log out from my account using the publishing function in the start-ribbon and the log-in again in the snap-window, it works. All my my collected snap's are shown

best, Andreas

photo

I use MM21.

I don't understand the solution about publishing. Do you have a screenshot for me? I can't recreate your solution ...

photo

in my case I get an empty window in the snap feature in MM2020. So I've to find a log-out function somewhere else ;-)

Try to log-out and log-in again in the snap-window

I can't create a screenshot, because I'm not working with MM21. I'm waiting for the service pack :-)

photo

I just signed out once. Then I restarted MM21, logged in and then I saw a login window in the SNAP queue for a very short time. But that then disappeared again very quickly. Thats a tricky one :-)

photo

That's only one reason why I still work with MM2020 😉

photo

Well, I also installed MM21 on a private computer. The solution works perfectly there. Even with a hotspot from my smartphone. I think the problem lies in the increasingly complicated security restrictions in the larger corporate structures.

photo

Hi Herr Thomsen,

If it worked on your private computer, it sounds like your issue is likely due to some security restrictions from your IT group. The document that Andreas provided can be sent to your IT group so that they can unblock the specific URLs used by MindManager Cloud services which would probably fix the problem.

Just to clarify in version 20 sign in was not required for the application itself so you could sign out of snap and publish from their menus but sign in was connected so if you were signed into one you would be signed into the other.

In version 21 sign in is required for the application so everything is connected to your account, if you saw the login dialog flash on the screen in Snap it was likely just a graphical issue while the application automatically updated the Snap service with your login information. This also means that you can't sign out of Snap or Publish while you are using the software like you could in v 20 since then there would be no associated license for your application.

photo

Hello Sia,

thank you very much for the comment.

I can confirm that we carried out the necessary work, as described by Andreas, a long time ago.

But unfortunately the problem is still unsolved.

My colleague Nils Otte (does not have an account here) has contributed a comment, which I am attaching as a PDF.

Here Nils explains well how he sees things.

photo

Hi Herr Thomsen,

Can you clarify this part of his comment: "When we whitelist the whole server it is working but not reasonable for security purposes."

What does it mean to "whitelist the whole server?"

photo

My colleague Nils meant:

For testing purposes oft he Snap function we enabled the „filterless“ access for our test Citrix Application server to the internet.

It is not possible to allow the general access to the internet without proxy and firewall.

photo

OK thanks for the clarification. In that case we can be sure that your proxy and/or firewall settings are the cause of the issue.

To remedy this, you'll need to work with our support team to troubleshoot your specific case. Please go to https://www.mindmanager.com/en/support/contact to open a service ticket.

---