sharing linked maps with HTML5?

Pascal D. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I'm looking for best way to share maps with others that don't have MindManager. I like the HTML5 format, but my map has several linked maps. When I export both the root map and the linked map to HTML5, the link in the html5 root map does not point to the linked html5 map...

What's the best way to do here?

Replies (2)

photo

Try publishing the linked map first, then copy and paste the resulting URL in the main map before publishing that one.

If you want to make a two-way link, copy the URL of the published main map. Open the original of the linked map to add the published main map URL, then republish the updated linked map.

photo

Thanks. Will try that. But I work a lot on the maps and the mmap link is useful to me. If I change it to the html5 link, then I can't work as well... It would be nice that exporting to html5 would export all the linked maps with links updated automatically...

photo

If the maps are not very big, then I include a copy of linked maps as attachments. When the user clicks on an attachment in the HTML5 file, they will see it in the browser without needing to publish it separately.

photo

How do I do this?

photo

Before publishing the map, right-click on a topic that has a link to another map, click Attach File, then attach a copy of the linked map. When it is published, the attachment will be shown in the map. When the user clicks on it, it will open the attached map in the browser. For clarity, you can hide the links in the View > Show/Hide menu, as they will not work in the browser.

---