Having a list of different URL/links, is there a command to insert all these in one operation?

Alf C. shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Open

Working on a hobby project (as retired university staff engineer), in some trees or flowcharts, I have several standard URLs with premade queries to some databases.

But inserting one link at a time is ratner boring :-D

Is there a fast way to insert all these in one go ??

Replies (4)

photo

I think it depends on the source, if you have the links in another cloud service you may be able to use MindManager with Zapier to automate creation of the links in MindManager.

Or if the links are already on a web page you could use the MindManager Snap browser extension to create Snaps for each link, this would at least save you using the add link dialog in MIndManager for each one.

If you just have a text list of links though, MindManager does not know how to separate them into individual links.

photo

If you have all these URLs in one (1) document and you can link to those URLs from there.... I would just make a link to that document. DONE.

photo

It is possible to import a straight list of urls but the workaround to do this is fairly complex. I wrote an article on my blog several years ago on how to do this with previous versions of MindManager, but changes to the Word export and import processes in MM21 have complicated matters further. Given the number of steps involved I'll revise that article rather than attempt to answer your request directly. I'll provide an update here when the article is posted.

photo

I've published an updated article on my blog describing how to do this using both MindManager 21 and previous versions: Turning URL lists into mindmaps: MindManager 2021 update | Sociamind

---