MM Mobile App | MM Go edit function

Markus M. shared this idea 29 days ago
Voting Open

Hello,

mobile working is becoming more and more important. Tasks and ideas need to be captured and processed quickly while on the move. But unfortunately this is still not possible with the current Mindmanger Go version.

For editing simple maps, such as a ToDo list, or quickly capturing ideas, a mobile app on the smartphone is essential. Because what do you usually have with you? The smartphone!

Certainly, large maps are not convenient to edit on a smartphone. But if you work according to Getting Thinks Done, for example, and bundle tasks such as calls, orders or conversations, then this can be worked through very well on the smartphone. No other ToDo app is needed for this, into which the tasks have to be copied.

MM Web is not a real alternative for this on the smartphone and unfortunately does not work offline! However, an offline function is very important (e.g. on a plane, while travelling,...).

X-Mind shows how a simple and good app can work. From my point of view, MM Mobile does not need more functions.

For a software whose licence costs 213 EUR per year, a reasonable mobile version would be an important feature!

Please take seriously the desire for an editable mobile app from customers (see discussion in MM Go Categorie)

Replies (4)

photo

remind: mj-map:// currently NOT implemented in android

photo

@charles c.

What do you mean by this?

photo

unless mj-map:// is implemented, otherwise other programs like onenote cant fire up mindmanager to access to the specific node in the mindmap.

so in windows: onenote can have a hyperlink mj-map://xxxxxxx and click to fireup that mindmap and go to that particular node.

in android, this is not possible, unless mj-map:// URL is implemented.

ps: obsidian URL is implemented in all major plaforms so when you click,

you could be linked to anywhere.

photo

Thank you for your explanation. I didn't know about this kind of linking.

Nevertheless, I think that this feature is rather nice to have for a mobile app.

photo
photo

I can see the advantages of using a mobile device to enter thoughts etc to expand on them later on...

I use MindManagers SNAP app for that, no need for Evernote anymore.

But there must be a reason why I tend to mindmap on paper or a CorrectBook.

In this video on Biggerplate, former architect Celia Falkenberg from Creativity Wake-Up explains the benefits of "processing on paper" as one of many #creativity techniques shared during a wonderful presentation.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/liamhughes_enabling-creativity-with-visual-thinking-activity-7059552598390976512-glhI?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

photo

Hi Ary,

I haven’t seen the full video yet but I think the short preview probably provides the central argument for starting with paper-based mapping. Like you I also grapple with the concept of mapping on a phone, though obviously lots of people want to work this way.

However, mapping on a tablet, particularly an iPad, is very different. You have the advantage of a touch-based interface which is closer to drawing on paper, combined with enough screen real estate to make mapping viable, even pleasant. Indeed, this is the way I mostly take notes in meetings and presentations now. I’d argue that with the right app, mapping on a tablet could approach the concept of “processing on paper”.

photo

pls just search on android market or iOS store,

there are tons of mind mapping apps that do well in basic mind mapping.

no one wants all functions on an app;

i'll say only add "add/modify" function to the mindmanager go is already good.

the use the mm go for "project management", that will require another ton of buttons/icons

photo

Unfortunately, I cannot understand all the counter-arguments.

MM once had a very good, slim app that worked both on the tablet and on the smartphone.

It's all about collecting simple ideas and/or working on simple to-dos.

I would like to demonstrate this briefly with an example:

Let's say you have a map for today with synchronised to-dos from Outlook, such as phone calls, shopping, etc., and you are on the road, then it would be very helpful if I could simply tick off the to-dos in the map after the calls. Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment!

To stay with my example, I suddenly have an idea that I would like to add to a ToDo. So it would be enough to add a simple branch to be reminded of it again later on the PC/Mac and take up the idea further.

And of course this must also work in offline mode and be synchronised later.

These functions were all available in the old Mindjet app.

But, maybe we all have too different ways of working....

PS: X-Mind shows how a menu with many functions can be reduced ;-)

photo

if i can talk about xmind,

i'll say their 1 file many maps is a very wrong implementation.

for mindmanager and others, it's 1 file 1 map.

only in this way i could organize, share and modify with ease.

xmind's 1 file many maps (their nodes CANNOT hyperlink each other across files) makes it a SINGLE database and not suit for above operations.

btw, xmind seems didn't have the mj-map:// URL equivalent.

so you cannot have bilinks between a node in mindmap and a paragraph in onenote.

for us mm users, we can do so.

that's the difference.

photo

Hello charles,

thank you very much for your explanations. Now I have understood what you mean.

Personally, I also work with many individual maps, some of which I have linked to each other.

However, I am only interested in being able to edit a simple, self-standing map/file on the go with an app.

I'll be surprised whether the idea of "Mindmanager" is actually taken note of and whether anyone comments on it.

photo
photo

I have voted for this and I support it, but I suggest also voting for the original suggestion regarding MindManager Go/mobile editing which with 48 votes has one of the highest vote counts of any idea on the MM community forum and which has been "under consideration" for the past two years:

https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/82-mindmanager-go-editing

photo

I voted for this proposal some time ago.

It is a pity that such ideas are "under consideration" for two years and that there are no further reactions from Mindmanger on this.

photo
photo

no use,

business world is not about democracy

photo

The customer makes democracy when he switches to another product if necessary ;-)

photo

it didn't work,

in these about 10 years.

yes many small mindmapping apps appear, but all are handicapped.

none of them could have that "node" of 1 map to "node" of another map function,

EXCEPT the foss freemind.

i could tell you, that all others i tried failed.

photo

o add an edit function to the MM Mobile App's MM Go feature, you can implement the following steps to paints beast

1. Identify the edit feature requirements: Determine the specific elements or data within the MM Go feature that users should be able to edit. This could include text, images, notes, or other interactive components.
  2. Design the user interface: Create a user-friendly interface that allows users to access the edit function. Consider using buttons, menus, or gestures to initiate the editing mode.
  3. Implement the edit mode: Once the user triggers the edit function, enable the necessary editing capabilities. This may involve allowing users to select and modify text, upload or replace images, rearrange elements, or add annotations.
  4. Save changes: Develop a mechanism to save the edits made by the user. This could involve storing the updated data in a local database or syncing it with a cloud storage service.

photo

And another SCAM above.

This platform becomes useless if it stays open for those SCAM criminals.

My suggestion: Only access for licensed users.

photo

Agreed Ary - I think this might be the only way to stop this junk, which appears to auto-generated by some sort of low-level AI bot.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file