Hide minus signs and eliminate zig-zags?

Jeremy D. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello, I'm currently using XMind and am able to generate polished, attractive decision trees. I would like to use MindManager due to it's formula and calculation capabilities, however the visual output contains a number of distracting zigzags and minus signs. Is it possible to eliminate both of these issues? If not, I will probably continue to use XMind and calculate values separately in Excel.

See the attached file with highlighted zigzags. This is not presentable to an executive audience. XMind displays this same tree cleanly, without zigzags. Also the minus signs auto-hide so they are not normally visible (a nice feature!).

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jeremy,

Looks like you might be using an older version of MindManager. In newer versions of MindManager there are many options for creating a decision tree that look cleaner. See the example below I created using MindManager web https://app.mindmanager.com/

70f66c08df8f538c2e2dd0138e1c5d1a

photo

Hi Sia,

Thank you for the reply. I downloaded MindManager for Windows yesterday from the website, v22.0.273.

Could you describe the steps you took to create the tree above? When I try to create this using the website app, I get the following:

de2e29ee40f7be26788a436ed3b44963

I searched the online Help for "decision tree" but got no results.

Thanks,

Jeremy

photo

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry I didn't mention it earlier, I used the flowchart template to create my example.

1970e1bf2258db52b5730118c482ad32

photo

Hi Sia, thanks so much for the feedback. As suggested product improvements, it would be useful 1) to create tree structures (e.g. Right) without zigzags, and 2) to have the minus signs auto-hide.

---