New MindManager disaster recovery capabilities for cloud services
As part of our SOC 2 Type 2 certification process, MindManager enhanced our cloud services disaster recovery capabilities on July 24th. In addition to our current cloud servers in Frankfurt, Germany, we added a set of servers in Dublin, Ireland, to enable hot swap-over capabilities in the event of a Frankfurt server outage.
How does it work?
- This new capability will ensure continued customer usage of the MindManager cloud services in the event of a Frankfurt server outage. It will also ensure customer data is retained.
- If a Frankfurt outage occurs, all cloud services will be automatically transferred to the Dublin server within approximately 15 minutes and will last for the duration of the outage. Service will automatically revert back to the Frankfurt servers once the outage is corrected.
For customers using SSO
- MindManager customers that use SSO will need to perform a minor configuration change to ensure their SSO capabilities continue during a swap-over event.
- This is not mandatory. However, without this change, if a swap-over event did happen due to a Frankfurt server outage, the SSO service would not work properly until the Frankfurt servers were operational again. For that reason, we highly recommend this configuration change.
- Click here to access the configuration instructions
What else is required from the customer side?
- Nothing further is required. Customers will have access to disaster recovery as it is a cloud-based service. Only those customers with SSO have the option to make a small configuration change as described above.
You may contact your account manager or our customer support team with any questions.
Your MindManager Team